Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Baguio Revisited

What to blog about??? It's the re-birth of my "online journal" so I'll just start this off by telling how I celebrated my birthday last year. And here it goes...

I wanted to have some time away from everything. I felt that I need to go somewhere but my budget was tight and there wasn't any airline seat sale. Baguio was the destination that went to mind easily. I figured, I could just ride the bus one night, sleep on my way there and start my adventure when I wake up in the morning. No plans. 

I checked out some hotels online and found some discounted rates. I opened up the idea of going to Baguio to friend at work, Xan, who will be celebrating her birthday a day after mine. She said she could take some time off for herself as well and we invited two more girl friends at work as we had an idea months ago to have a weekend getaway to Baguio as well (that didn't happen due to some marital technicalities which I will not discuss further). 

So the idea of having no plans was scratched out. Hotel was booked ahead. We got the priciest accommodation at a low rate. We all wanted to eat somewhere local delicacies are served or somewhere which is only known in Baguio. Xan got this all figured out and poof! She sent our itinerary.

Everything was planned but we didn't get bus tickets. We were thinking November isn't a peak season so we just agreed to meet at Victory Liner Pasay terminal. When we got there, we where shocked that it was jam-packed! We were hoping to ride a deluxe bus so we could sleep through the night. There were no tickets left so we took some numbers to be chance passengers. Well, travelling with ladies has its perks too... we got the first chance passenger slots so when the bus came, we were able to board.

We arrived in Baguio at about 6am. Hotel room was not available for check in yet. The girls, or should I say, the ladies that I was with, Xan, Anna and Vhan, were all coffee persons. I suggested that our first destination be Cafe by the Ruins. The "cafe" usually opens at 7am so the gate was closed when we arrived. The ladies used their charms so the staff let us in. We had time to take some pictures!


We ordered their famous coffee...

and some bacon and eggs! Yum!
and fruits!

good morning!
We planned to see Lourdes Church before heading to our hotel but somehow the cab driver got confused on our direction. We made it to the Baguio Cathedral instead.

I'm no catholic but I miss this church. This was where my college friends and I go everyday after class: they hear the mass, I just sit and look around.

The hotel was fully booked so we weren't able to check in early. We figured to kill time by watching Breaking Dawn 2 in SM Baguio sans Anna (she didn't see the first 3 Twilight movies so she shopped instead).

Starbucks before the Breaking Dawn 2

Check in at the hotel around noon. Then went to...
Tam-Awan Village

where we had some delicious pasta


and sandwiches!
really big serving!
Had our portraits too!

Dear kuya who sketched my face... sorry if I forgot to give you a tip. Pagbalik ko na lang!

We had a hard time getting a ride back to town, so we posed for the camera. Haha!


It was dark when we got back to town. Not much lights in Burnham Park.

So we just got some isaw and pata and some Tanduay Ice and capped the night off in our suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment